Currently, “Podolsk plant of electrical products” JSC http://www.pzemi.ru is one of the largest Russian manufacturers of cable heat-shrinkable fittings of 1-35 kV with a closed production cycle:
- The plant itself develops and manufactures composite materials and cable coupling boxes designs; has its own accelerator for “stitching” heat-shrinkable items; has a test base for quality control;
- It mastered more than 400 types of fittings for cables with paper and XLPE insulations, as well as for cables with IR, LS, HF insulation (“IR” stands for ignition-resistant types, “LS” means with a low level of smoke formation, do not emit corrosive gaseous products, “HF” is a halogen-free type of a low level of toxicity of products of combustion and afterglow).
Cable coupling boxes of PZEMI JSC are characterized by:
- High electrical and mechanical resistance;
- They are resistant to environmental attack;
- They are sealed for the entire operating life at high humidity and high groundwater level;
- They are easily installed even at low temperatures without loss of quality;
- They are operated in the temperature range from -50 C to +50 C;
- They do not react to seasonal fluctuations in the ground.
Great statistics of the operation of cable coupling boxes have been accumulated, which confirms the high parameters and reliability of heat-shrinkable cable fittings manufactured by PZEMI JSC.